Linen Japan Jacket in Chartreuse, Turquoise and Swampy Green
The Japan Jacket. Sculpted. Drapey. Architectural. Cropped. Finished with linen bias trim. This version is heavy linen that I've hand-dyed in what I find to be an extremely satisfying blend of greens: chartreuse, turquoise, and swampy green.
Dear Reader, Please bear in mind: I have never been to Japan. This is a "Japan" Jacket in the spirit of Kenny Shopsin's Egyptian Burrito.
"I said, 'An Egyptian Burrito is a burrito, and inside is sort of what Kenny thinks Egyptians might eat.' " — Calvin Trillin
• rough size: Large to Extra Large through 1X and almost into 2X? It's MOSTLY free-sized — the arm holes are generous and it's also generously cut, it just needs to lay nicely where it drapes at your waist under your arms
• actual measurements: length 16 inches in back
• dress form measurements for comparison: bust 44, waist 35, hips 45 (Size 18)
• fabric: 100% heavy weight linen
• care: machine wash cold, machine dry or dry flat
• hand made by me in my studio — one of a kind