Ammonite Trail Artifacted Fossil-Vest (currently unavailable, will be back)
Update: I've decided to over-dye this piece, so it's not available at the moment. It will be back soon with new tones and new pictures.
Frayed, layered, patched, pieced, one-of-a-kind artifacted fossil vest. I sculpted this from linen and cotton fabric and trims that I hand-dyed. Natural linen, mushroom brown, soft greens and blues, cream trim and stitching, and also finished with visible hand stitching in cream and gray. Textured trail feature on the back. Oh. It has a tiny inside chest pocket that I forgot to photograph.
Artifacting. That's my term for making a new piece of clothing that appears to be old. Here's what I've written about the process.
• dress form measurements: bust 44 inches, waist 35, hips 45
• rough size: Large, Extra Large
• actual garment measurements: Well, it fits the dress form because I made it right on it. So if your measurements are the same, you're set. If you're a bit smaller, same. I added the snap tape so that you can adjust the front closure a bit by how you snap it. Send me questions about fit if you are interested but uncertain.
• fabric: Medium and heavy weight 100% linen, 100% cotton fabric and trims, dyed with professional lightfast procion dyes
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat. I machine washed and dried it after I finished it, so it won't shrink but will fray more if you do the same. I don't exactly recommend that, I'm just letting you know.
• hand made by me in my studio — one of a kind