Ammonite Trail Artifacted Fossil-Vest
Frayed, layered, patched, pieced, one-of-a-kind artifacted fossil vest. I sculpted this from linen and cotton fabric and trims that I hand-dyed. Taupe, brown, olive, with hand stitching that matches plus more in gray. Textured trail feature on the back. Cotton twill straps. The right chest is molded and boob-shaped, the left flares out over the underlayer that juts out beneath it.
Oh. It has a tiny inside chest pocket that I forgot to photograph.
Artifacting. That's my term for making a new piece of clothing that appears to be old. Here's what I've written about the process.
• dress form measurements: bust 44 inches, waist 35, hips 45
• rough size: Large, Extra Large
• actual garment measurements: Well, it fits the dress form because I made it right on it. So if your measurements are the same, you're set. If you're a bit smaller, same. I added the snap tape so that you can adjust the front closure a bit by how you snap it. Send me questions about fit if you are interested but uncertain.
• fabric: Medium and heavy weight 100% linen, 100% cotton fabric and trims, dyed with professional lightfast procion dyes
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat. I machine washed and dried it after I finished it, so it won't shrink but will fray more if you do the same. I don't exactly recommend that, I'm just letting you know.
• hand made by me in my studio — one of a kind