Apocalyptica: Bronze Artifacted Vest
Bronze apocalyptic vest with coral orange stitching and segmented pieces that connect with lace-up ties. Frayed raw seams, much hand-stitching — in matching colors plus the bright coral-orange. Large collar.
Narrow pocket on the back — chopstick quiver?
Artifacting. That's my term for making a new piece of clothing that appears to be old. Here's what I've written about the process.
• for comparison, the dress form measures: bust 40 inches, waist 31, hips 41
• rough size: Medium, Large
• actual garment measurements: It fits the dress form I made it on, so if you're close, it will fit you too! The bust will fit from 40 to 42 or 44, and the length varies from 15 to 20 inches
• fabric: 100% cotton canvas, cotton trims, linen ties, dyed with professional lightfast procion dyes
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat. I machine washed and dried it after I finished it, so it won't shrink but will fray more if you do the same. I don't exactly recommend that, I'm just letting you know.
• hand made by me and exceedingly one-of-a-kind