earthensmocken jumper-apron — for all sorts of practical and aspirational work!
I made this one-of-a-kind artifacted piece from linen, cotton and various trims that I dyed. When it was done I garment-dyed the whole thing to have the whole thing coalesce. It's all sorts of driftwood and mushroom browns, soft greens, with some muted blues poking up here and there. It's all scrappy and frayed but is seriously reinforced with stitching. It's solid.
It's also practical! It has FOUR pockets. One pencil-or-tool sized on the chest panel, plus 3 more - yes, the patch on your left hip is also a pocket. See the last picture for annotated POCKET love. You will do / make magical things while wearing this, I just know it. I AM SO CERTAIN.
The waist. Let's talk about it. Each side has 3 snaps. So the waist size is flexible. As you can see in the shot of the back, when they're snapped shut they fold and form a little pleat. Leetle pleat. Leetle pleatle. Okay brain, that's enough thank you.
• dress form measurements: bust 44 inches, waist 35, hips 45
• rough size: Large, Extra Large
• actual garment measurements: bust fairly free sized - compare your bust to the dress form. Waist is flexible: 40 inches with all 3 snaps snapped shut, 48 with 1 snap snapped, and 52 with all snaps undone. Hips are 52 inches. Length 42.
• fabric: Medium and heavy weight 100% linen, 100% cotton, dyed with professional lightfast procion dyes
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat. If you're adventurous and want to void the warranty (!) you can machine dry. I've machine washed it and dried it already. Some more things will fray a bit and you could trim them. Once it's yours, it's your adventure.
• hand made by me in my studio — one of a kind