The 'Japan' Jacket. Sculpted. Drapey. Architectural. Cropped. Boxy sleeves. I've done a version in all berry tones. With collaged bits of trim, some frayed edges here and there, all in fabric I've hand-dyed. Oh, and stripes. Plus some hand-stitching.
(Dear Reader, Please bear in mind: I have never been to Japan. This is a Japan Jacket in the spirit of Kenny Shopsin's Egyptian Burrito being an Egyptian Burrito.)
"I said, 'An Egyptian Burrito is a burrito, and inside is sort of what Kenny thinks Egyptians might eat.'" — Calvin Trillin
• rough size: fits Small to Medium through Large and dare I say, into XL: length 13 inches in back; the cuff openings are 20 inches around. It's MOSTLY free-sized — REALLY — the arm holes are generous and it's also generously cut, it just needs to lay nicely where it drapes at your waist under your arms.
• for comparison — this dress form measures: bust 44 inches, waist 35, hips 45
• fabric: linen and cotton, various weights, dyed with professional ligihtfast procion dyes
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat
• hand made by me in my studio