party-armor: black corset-cami
party-armor. Hand-built all-black artifacted corset-cami — is that a thing? It is now. It laces up the back. Scrappy, deconstructed, super-wabi-sabi. It's made from layers of frayed linen, cluny lace, velvet, cotton twill and velvet ribbon.
Artifacting. That's my term for making a new piece of clothing that appears to be old. Here's what I've written about the process.
• for comparison, the dress form measures: bust 40 inches, waist 31, hips 41
• rough size: Large
• actual garment measurements: It fits the dress form I made it on, so if you're close, it will fit you too! Ask me if you have questions about fit.
• fabric: linen, cotton, lace, ribbon, twill, velvet — the inside is all linen
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat. I machine washed and dried it after I finished it, so it won't shrink but will fray more if you do the same. I don't exactly recommend that, I'm just letting you know.
• hand made by me and exceedingly one-of-a-kind