Earthy artsy drapey vest that infuses the wearer with as much poetic license as they dare muster. It's cotton canvas and striped linen, over-dyed in a magical warm blend of mushroom browns and soft blues.
Details to look for: raw-edged pocket with striped lining, and above it, some hand-stitched details. Similar hand-stitching at the lapel. Large draping asymmetric collar. Lots of frayed (but re-enforced) seams. A singular striped panl on the back. Dual-layer draping so that the one large striped panel looks like a separate layer.
Check out the last picture, which shows it alone on the dress form, just to be sure you're clear what is the vest vs what it's being shown over in the other pics. Thanks for humoring my concerns.
Artifacting. That's my term for making a new piece of clothing that appears to be old. Here's what I've written about the process.
• dress form measurements: bust 44 inches, waist 35, hips 45
• rough size: will fit 2X, 3x, 4X
• actual garment measurements: bust 52 inches, bottom hem 62 inches. The length of the back measures 22.
• fabric: 100% cotton canvas, 100% medium weight linen, dyed with professional lightfast procion dyes
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat. I've already machine washed and dried it, so if you do that it may fray up a bit more but won't shrink.
• hand made by me in my studio — one of a kind