Relica Luxe (artifacted vest)
You've seen things. You've been there. You've done that. And so has this vest; neither of you have regrets. Relica Luxe is a frayed artifacted canvas vest in muted antiqued maroon and brown with pink highlights. Then I added some cream hand-stitching. Dramatic detailed collar, asymmetric hem. Lots of dangly bits.
Pssst: this piece has a secret pocket in an undisclosed location - ooooh, a mystery
Artifacting. That's my term for making a new piece of clothing that appears to be old. Here's what I've written about the process.
• rough size: 1X-ish to 3X-ish
• actual garment measurements: bust measures 52 inches, length varies from 23 to 26
• for comparison, the dress form measures: bust 44 inches, waist 35, hips 45
• fabric: 100% cotton canvas, dyed with professional lightfast procion dyes
• care: hand wash in cold water, dry flat. I machine washed and dried it after I finished it, so it won't shrink but will fray more if you do the same. I don't exactly recommend that, I'm just letting you know. This has a lot of dangly strings and it's likely to form a giant knot in your washer, so, uhhh, maybe not.
• hand made by me and exceedingly one-of-a-kind